Keepsakes

We all have the things we hold on to. 

The end-all be-all worst-day-ever things, that time I wrote this and thought it was clever things. 

They carry words or sounds that someone gave us a long time ago and never fail to take us back there, places we prided ourselves on being sad to leave. 

I listen to a song you sent me in the car as someone who saw me as imitable tells me she's reading something I wrote her, stamp slightly upturned and penmanship deliberately rushed. A little gesture swimming in the bottom of my backpack that sits at the top of her top drawer. 

Don't be afraid to give them out. 

Comments

  1. Nice....happy that I start my day with this one.... if u cud follow dis one with some more such positive... motivational snippets... those wud be wonderful ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!