A Wonderful Weekend

This weekend has been amazingly enjoyable and serene and I want to fight off the drowsiness effected by endless cold meds for a few minutes to write about it.

The end of the week started in grand style, with the fall "jam" of my a cappella group, The Harvard Opportunes -- this is our biggest performance of the semester. I had been feeling under the weather earlier in the day, but am proud to report that this was the most high-energy (and energizing) performance I've ever been a part of. (Videos will be up soon!) What made the night extra special was the plethora of people who came to see me! Almost all of my friends and advisors here on campus were able to come, and there's nothing like performing for an audience you love. Papa even flew up from Virginia to watch my show!


After our awesome gig, we retreated to one Opportune's room to celebrate our success and spend time with former members of the group. It was great to see everyone so excited after our show, and to meet the legends we "babies" often hear about during rehearsals.

On Saturday, I met Papa for lunch in Cambridge, still pumped from our performance. We ran a few errands around town, including purchasing a whole new batch of decongestants for me and beginning some birthday preparations for a very special almost-18-year-old. :)

After bidding him off to Brasilia, I returned to my room for a nap and some quick limerick-writing, and then met Javier in the square for a problem set date. We found a toasty corner of Starbucks and tried our hand at some weird limits while doing our best not to eavesdrop on the exceedingly strange conversation going on next to us. During this time, Javier had his first chai!

As the clock struck 11:50, we raced to Reylon's room to be there in time for the beginning of his birthday. As Rey, Alice, Mim, and Gita watched Japanese cartoons in their common room, Javier and I continued to slog away at our math, pausing only briefly for Reggaetonal interludes. At midnight, we sang a slow and torturous refrain of "happy birthday" to Reylon and force-fed him some cake before returning to our homework.



Around 2:00, Javier walked a coy me back to Greenough, where I fell quickly asleep, looking forward to more celebration this morning. This came in the form of a birthday brunch for Reylon at the wonderful Veggie Planet, where I got to meet his friend Colton and spend more time with his roommate Andrew.


We discussed our presents and our futures and managed to reference enough YouTube videos in the process that we had to return to Reylon's room after brunch to watch them all.

I'm now back in my dorm ready for a nap before Latin homework, dinner with Kirin, and a calculus exam. Huzzah!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!