Day 354: E se timor t'assale . . .

To say I woke up this morning would be inaccurate. My alarm rang at 6am and I stepped out of bed, after a night of no sleep. Why was I up this early? Because my sister needed someone to walk her to the door of the gym for her preseason practice for volleyball. It was an interesting first experience to stand in a line marked "athletes sign in here," even if it was just for my sis. Once Priya was in the gym, I found a nook to nap in until I got too cold and started working on an application for a freshman seminar called Complexity in Works of Art: Ulysses and Hamlet.

With a bit of this done, I ambled down to the commons and met up with Nizar (sometimes two goodbyes aren't enough) for another valedictory coffee, this time with Zane and Iman.


For the duration of our time together, Iman gushed to me about the amazing time she's just had dancing with the cast of Step Up in Los Angeles, as Zane and Nizar did their best not to zone out. Too soon, it was time to wish my sibs goodbye for real and head home.

Nani had carbohydrate heaven in store for me, a rice dish made with peas and yes, potatoes. After eating too many bowls of this, I checked the results of my college placement exams and started picking out some of my courses. I couldn't help but drool at the options for Latin!

I'm really looking forward to having a schedule again, albeit a lopsided one.

I spent the next few hours trying to get some rest, and finally managed to catch my first hour of sleep in the last 24. I've just awoken and given my athlete of a sister a painful massage to loosen her muscles, and now prepare for dinner and Bachna Ae Haseeno.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!