Día 313: "I hate that you . . . "

This morning, that same extreme exhaustion steamrolled me that in high school I would have powered through, but this year I have learned to heed. My grandfather says I "live a life of averages," extremely energetic most of the time, and then completely wiped out at others.


I woke at 7:30, had breakfast, and fell promptly back asleep at 8.


I arose next at 11 in time for lunch and a quick chat with colleagues, to fall back asleep at 1.


Up again at 5, I decided to change out of my pajamas (barely) and find some dinner for myself before I could fall asleep again, and before it got dark. Would it be incriminating to say I went to my favorite French bakery Bagatelle again? Well, I did.


I ate my meal with my sister over Skype, and then commenced my Spanish lesson. Kate dropped in for a while as Mario rushed to teach me the preterito indefinido, pluscuamperfecto, and subjunctivo.


I just finished my homework and I think it would be prudent of me to begin my packing for this Saturday, provided I don't fall asleep again . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!