Day 263: All else comes naturally.

I went to bed last night determined to go to work today, but when I woke up this morning and didn't have the strength to lift my toothbrush to my mouth, I didn't think I would be of much use to Latin students.


I literally collapsed back to bed and got up briefly at one point only to meditate. One great thing about being sick is how much easier it becomes to just focus on one's body. My reading in The Power of Now today was about inner body connectedness as a path to enlightenment, and posited that focusing on what one is feeling at any given time takes some strength away from the judgmental mind-chatter that tends to make us unhappy. I experienced sickness' role in this when, at my meditation retreat, I fell sick on Day 4 and felt much more focused, because the days became more of a struggle to get by rather than a time to ponder everything.


Meditation led to another lengthy nap from which I awoke to help Kenneson find a summer job. Know anyone looking for a Latin/Greek/German/English tutor? Just let me know!


And please wish that I be able to work tomorrow -- I miss being productive!

--

Song of the day: http://youtu.be/oxqnFJ3lp5k

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!