Day 137: "Make a career of humanity."

I started today with 14 lines of Shakespeare and 230 lines of Ovid -- I have finally arrived at Liber Secundus (Book II) of the Ars Amatoria!

After breakfast, Papa told me about his recent trip to India, and showed me photographs from the journey -- including many of my students at Gyaan Ghar!


I spent much of the morning organizing my computer's files on Dropbox -- I now save all my documents to the internet! (I highly recommend it -- ask me if you would like more information.)


When Mama returned from work, she, Papa, and I drove to DC to pay homage to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial. (On our way in, I reread "Letter from a Birmingham Jail." Click here to read an excerpt I particularly enjoyed for its sentiments and rhythm; it is a good one to skim to get a taste of the piece.) Now chilled at the memorial, we hurried about enjoying the quotes on the walls and trying not to lose one another. I was happy to see the number of people there, but disappointed to note the lack of ethnic diversity. We all owe so much to Dr. King, and it would have been nice to see some more multicolored faces present!


Back home, I did some dishes and laundry before making a DVD for DD with all of my YouTube videos (since she does not have a computer).


As Papa leaves to retrieve my Princess Priya from the airport, I'm headed downstairs for a workout. Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, everyone, and God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!