Day 85: "You speak in poetry."

This morning, Miss Priya decided to follow in her sister's footsteps and start cleaning her closet! For moral support, I put some finishing touches on my own wardrobe, while we both rocked out to the radio. We then went downstairs for a crazy "workout" consisting of barefoot treadmilling (Ratna), random dancing (Ratna), and skilled gymnastics (Priya).


Pooped after expending all this rather aimless energy, we returned upstairs for a sweet snack Nani had made us. After I read Sonnet 85, we went outside to play badminton -- my favorite sport, and the only one at which I'm almost decent. I was actually winning 16 to 7 before it became too windy for us to continue playing.

Then began Thanksgiving preparations. How Priya and I helped out was by staying out of the way as Mama and Nani prepared a lovely meal. During this time, we looked over a "Brief Outline of Roman History" and I pretended to know enough to be able to teach Priya anything at all about this topic.


After a wonderful dinner, I gave Nani an impromptu Bhangra performance (for some reason, Nani loves my dancing) before we sat down to eat pecan pie and play Boggle as a family.


We all of course have so many reasons to be thankful, and I am blessed to have been able to spend this day (and this life) with such precious people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!