Day 83: It's time to face the music -- I'm no longer your muse.

Today, I helped out at an annual Thanksgiving Drive hosted by the Laron Landry Leadership for Life (LFL) Foundation. The event was a collaboration between LFL, Sasha Bruce, and Whole Foods.


Landry donated 500 turkeys this year! Before the event began, volunteers gathered, assembly line-style, to bag the turkeys and accompanying sides.

So many bags!!
Once the families arrived, we volunteers kept the traffic moving and helped any persons needing assistance carrying their newly acquired bags.

Amidst the bustle, I found time to get a photo with LaRon (along with autographs for my boys DC and Huge Wooj).


The event warmed my afternoon, and I'd love to volunteer here again in the future, as an excellent way to start Thanksgiving break!

--

Song of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahha3Cqe_fk&ob=av2e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

Din 227: “God took his time making you.”