Day 69: I am not a paint sample, sir.

Please excuse any error in this post as a result of the migraine I have had since 4 pm. 

This morning, I started Dan Brown's novel The Lost Symbol. I read his Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code a few summers ago, so this one promises to be enjoyable, especially as it's set in DC. 

After Sonnet 69, I participated in a webinar called "Family Intervention to Prevent and Address Homelessness among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth." The presentation focused on things to keep in mind when counseling families of homeless LGBTQ youth, and was a very interesting insight into the countless challenges faced by this section of the population. 

In the afternoon, I met Jessie at the office and accompanied her to a program she has started at an elementary school in southeast DC. Twice a week, Jess works with 3 to 4 pairs of students for half an hour each, using art therapy, play therapy, and literature therapy to encourage them to open up about their emotions. I got an introduction to the approach today, and look forward to learning more about it in the upcoming weeks. 

This evening, Mama, Papa, and I attended a seminar on a program called Landmark Education which aims to eliminate communication boundaries to empower people to "lead lives they love."

Mama and I now drive home, both exhausted and carsick, looking forward to dinner and bed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!